Saturday, February 5, 2011

I . Am . Tired . Of . Snow

let me say it again......   I.Am.Tired.Of.Snow.


Need I say any more? First we had the “Snowpocalyspe” Tuesday night into Wednesday. We got lucky & only got about 6 inches. Other places got slammed. Another 3 or so today. Just tired of it.

I love when snow starts to peel away from the fence.
What was left after I moved my car!  A snow tire!

So anyway, we had Amanda over Tuesday night & she didn’t go home til right before dinner Wednesday. Our school district is so mean! We got one of their automated calls around 5pm and both girls were jumping up & down screaming, since schools all over the area were closing rapidly. Wrong! It was the principal inviting everyone to an Academic Blitz on Thursday night – they were devastated! LOL! I kept watching Channel 4’s website for school closings, and at one point there were almost 600 schools listed, but not one single public school district in Macomb County. Anyway, we finally got the call around 9:45PM that school was closed. A lot were still closed on Thursday, but ours wasn’t. Neener neener. Neither Randy nor I went to work, either. When they first started talking about this blizzard on Monday, I told them at work that if Utica Schools were closed – don’t expect me in. I love that they forget exactly how old Angel is, that she’s plenty old enough to stay home alone!! But the people in dispatch are also slightly stereotypical, so they had no issues with me or Kim staying home because we have kids. But the guys – most of whom have little little ones at home – were expected to be in; their wives could watch the kids! LOL!!

Thursday we went to the Academic Blitz thingy after Pnut got out of dance. It was a bunch of information booths about colleges, tuition savings plans, student loans & other programs that UCS offers for after graduation. I was rather embarrassed that Miss Dork told the lady from Macomb Comm College that she wanted to be a Power Ranger when she grew up. But the MCC lady played along & said the closest she could offer was Law Enforcement. Then we got to chatting about their vet tech program, which is what she really wants to do. Angel got excited about that, which is good, because a 2 year degree from MCC is one hell of a lot cheaper than State! But I don’t want to think about that kid in college yet. Depressing yet scary at the same time.

Grr. I want a bigger house. I’m trying so hard not to act the martyr because no one is helping me out around here, but there’s just no place to put anything!!! Tonight I got out my Sink Reflections book to start reading again. I’m just overwhelmed!! I swear last Sunday I worked on the house for 4 hours & it didn’t look like I did a damn thing. It’s always a huge freakin’ mess. Randy cleaned out from under his deck & consolidated some stuff, but now he has boxes sitting on top of his desk & he can’t use his computer at all without relocating all his crap onto my desk!! So instead of 2 desks/computers & 1 chair, we basically only have one desk/computer. I’m miffed because I missed out on a possible bidding war on eBay for 2 bunny blowmolds & 4 eggs. He was in my way, so I lost it in the last 20 minutes. Silly I know. Guess I didn’t really need them anyway. Don’t get me started on the closet. To fit two desks in here, I can only open one closet door fully and of course all of my stuff is in the back. So I can’t see what I have in there. Towels are in an old dresser in Angel’s closet. The drawers aren’t even on runners; they’re just hanging in there by their fronts. The sheets are in a clothes basket on top of said crappy dresser...which is one of Maggie’s favorite places to sleep. Having the Wii boxes sitting around the living room still aren’t helping, either. Randy is anal when it comes to boxes from electronics. “If we ever move, they can be packed up safely”, etc etc etc. Just like he’s going to go dig out those 20 year old college textbooks out in the garage. Sure like that info isn’t totally out of date! Why would you dig out old books when you have the INTERNET right handy?? I don’t get it. Oh well, he can take the boxes out to the garage tomorrow. I want to have the living room at least useable before the football game tomorrow.

Is it sad that I want the Packers to win just because the Steelers come from the same city as the Penguins??

But we will watch the game – for both the commercials and for the score at the end of each quarter, because we both bought squares from work. I’d rather watch hockey. Granted football players have to be tough enough to withstand a bunch of guys jumping on top of each other, but hockey players are moving non-stop, slamming into the boards, getting into fights, etc. etc. Plus they’re not as arrogant as football players are – well most of them anyway. Last weekend when Randy was gone, we watched the NHL All Star game on Sunday & the Super Skills Comp on Saturday. I do believe Miss Angela is a convert! She really enjoyed watching the Skills & the game with me. During Skills, it was hard to tell who was on which team, since they all were wearing their own jerseys (Woohoo Team Lidstrom!!!) but it was fun. Most of the players ended up with nicknames that we decided upon.

One of the cars racing in the Sno-Drift.

I’ve been listening to my hypnosis CDs, but the hardest part seems to be staying awake! I don’t feel like I’m really hypnotized, but I really don’t feel like moving or opening my eyes like she said would happen. I just wish I could get 20 minutes to myself without a certain little girl bugging me. Helloooo! I don’t go barging into your room every few minutes – stay out of mine! Sheesh! What do you think I’m doing, trying to escape out the window??

So here’s the update on my zombie doll…..dying her dress didn’t work for crap. The brown bib and trim are - as I found out the hard way - not satin, but polyester or nylon or something that doesn’t dye at all. Same with the lace. Neat. So it is a dark gray and brown dress with dirty yellow lace. I didn’t want to use regular acrylic paint on her, so I found acrylic enamel paint for glass & china. But apparently I don’t have a good enough brush because it left brush strokes – exactly what I didn’t want to happen. I think I mixed a nice shade of gray, but she lost her pretty porcelain complexion – damn it. I wonder if I could sand it smooth & use spray paint on it…..don’t know if I’d get the color I want tho. Sigh.

Just bought this guy - the scarf says "fatal attraction"  How cute it he????

Anyway, it’s getting late & although I’m not terribly tired, I’m going to head to bed. Later!

The boys snuggling on my Snuggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!