Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/31/09

don't know what happened, but my post didn't post!

This was a Sunday. My sister Laurie's 20 year old cat passed away and my other sister Linda and I went to Laurie's house for Gizmo's burial. After the sadness of the burial, Angel decided she wanted to go horseback riding. Usually Angel would ride Captain, since Kisses is still in training. But she got outranked this time, since I wanted to ride, too. FYI, Laurie led Angel around on Kisses.

The last few times I rode, the thought was always in the back of my mind that the horse was really straining to carry me, and I would just walk and keep the ride very short. This time, right away I noticed the saddle was more roomy - there was actually space between me and the front of the saddle!

I felt very confident up on Captain! He felt good, he moved easily. I even trotted him around the arena for a good long time! Then the only reason I stopped was because I wasn't wearing the appropriate bra and had to hold the reins with one hand and cross my other arm over my chest. It started to hurt after a while!

I think this is going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!