Sunday, October 9, 2011

Post-Reunion Thoughts

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be.  First, at 5:35 - Randy got a support call from work.  Damn them anyway!!  He hadn't showered or shaved or anything.  So it was after 8 when we finally got to leave the house!!  I was mad.

But at least we didn't miss the class picture.



I was genuinely glad to see some people.  Some I made small talk with.  A couple got "drive-by" greetings - as in....."Hey, xxx!  How are you?"  hug......zooom.  Some I was really glad they had name tags on.

Crap, I didn't get very many pics!  I know Kelly was going around at random taking them.  Can't wait to see some of these on FB.  Not too many people danced, either.  I drug Randy out there to sway for one.  Then Kelly & I and maybe 2 or 3 others were out there off & on.  That was it!

Me, Justin & Kelly

We stayed a lot longer than we planned.  I do believe it was after midnight when we left.  So to sum it up....yeah, glad I went.  

One thing I am NOT glad about is that ~something~ made me sick.  We ate lunch after we picked Angel up from dance at 3:30, so my stomach wasn't too empty when I had 4 or 5 whiskey sours.  The only food I ate there was a single slice of cucumber, the cherries out of my drinks and some peanut M&Ms. We talked about stopping at Taco Bell on the way home, but I'm happy we didn't!  I woke up around 4:30am and was up about every 20-30 minutes thru 8 am, throwing up.  So even now, 8.5 hours later, I'm still slightly queasy and my body feels like I've been run over by a truck.  I've eaten a couple slices of toast and a bottle of Coke Zero today.   Blargh.  Yard work sure is not getting done with me feeling like this!

Oh yeah, when I finally got out of bed today, Dave the class president called & said I'd won a raffle.  I knew what it was, because I'd taken all of our tickets & stuffed them in one can for a "Crate of Cookies".  I don't know if this is exactly what it looks like, but it's close. 


I would have liked this signed jersey.....
but it auctioned off for $700 !!!  So I contented myself with petting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!