Saturday, April 7, 2012

G

G is for....Graveyards!

I have a weird fascination for cemeteries.  The older the better! The history & architecture & just art in general intrigues me.  And the occasional funny name, too!

From Hough Cemetery, Almont MI

 This is one of my favorites, due to the detail & her expression & the moss.



From Mt. Avon Cemetery, Rochester MI

1861 - 1864 
In memory of the soldiers and sailors of Oakland County

Yup, probably!

Heehee!


From Oak Hill Cemetery, Pontiac MI





From Troy Union Cemetery, Troy MI


 repaired stones




From Utica Cemetery, Utica MI

 ~creepy~



From Washington Cemetery, Washington MI




From Clinton Grove Cemetery, Clinton Twp. MI

 there were 5 in a row that had signatures as names!



The Veterans & the baby sections always bring me to tears. 

 Oh no!!

From St. Peter Catholic Cemetery, Mt. Clemens MI



 She was on a 16 year old girl's grave



 Macomb Center aka Whitney Cemetery, Macomb Twp MI

 This is the saddest stone I've ever seen!
I'd love to know the story behind this - like how did they know to send him to Michigan?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!