Monday, October 15, 2012

Get Fit, Feel Epic - week 7

Happy Monday!  Saturday was a totally lazy day.  It was cold, windy & rainy so except for going to hop on the scale and to take the girl to the studio for her acro class, we didn't leave the house at all.  I was sort of bummed, since we had tickets to go to a cemetery walk, but it was postponed because of the rain.  Of course they rescheduled it for Sunday, when we had a prior commitment! 

Randy & I volunteered to do radio communications for a church group's CROP walk on Sunday afternoon.  There ended up being 6 of us on the 4 mile course and reporting in to Randy when the walkers got to us and when our "rover" - a ham on a bike bringing up the rear - passed by.  On my corner, there was me and someone from the church group to point the walkers in the right direction.  He was pretty excited about our rover, since last year he didn't know when the walk was over! We spent more time waiting for things to happen than the walk actually took!  Oh well - it's the first time I've been out on a course for whatever reason and people smiled and thanked us.  

After that, we went to the Romeo cemetery to see if that walk was still going on, but it wasn't.  So we stopped to explore this other little old cemetery that had a historical marker on it.  Lots of local people who had "made an impact" to the area were buried there.  It was neat.  Until we went to leave and my car had died.  We had to sit there for an hour before AAA's roadside assistance showed up.  Yay!  Nothing like quality family time while stuck in the car in the rain!  btw - my car is filthy!  We took some dirt roads & it actually looks like I've been mudding. I will be using the truck wash at work before I leave today!

Alrighty, it's that time!
1. attend a WW meeting every week.  half credit again!  I weighed in - I was down 1.8 lbs from last week, but I also was not wearing jeans this time. 

2. do some sort of exercise 3 times for at least 30 minutes. 1/3 I should have used my Walk at Home DVDs or the Wii since it was too crappy to get outside to do anything.  Shame on me!

3. track every day. (I changed this from the hypnosis thing)  3/7  It's better than what I was doing!

4. look up and try at least 3 new recipes.  1/3  I didn't actually look it up.  I took leftover roast and tossed it back in the crock pot with some BBQ sauce & it made for some pretty freakin' amazing sandwiches.
  
5. do at least 15 minutes daily straightening up the house. 5/7  I sort of went backwards here, since I brought a box & a bag of stuff in from the garage for my witches' kitchen and haven't done anything with them yet. 

So here are the results of the GFFE week 6 challenge!  Definitely not what I used to be able to do, and these were done girly-style (on my knees)  but it's better than nothing!  And I had help.  If the cat wasn't under me, the dog would be there trying to lick my face or rolling around in the way.  My critters feel that if you're on the floor, you're on their level & must pay attention to them. 
 

Week 7's challenge is going to be fun...a photo scavenger hunt!!
I need to take creative pictures of.....

1. me after a workout
2. a piece of fitness equipment
3. where I sleep
4. my favorite movie
5. my source of inspiration
6. something that makes me happy (only one thing???) 
7. nature
8. something I've grown or created
9. something I really should stop
10. something new that I love

have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!