Sunday, June 23, 2013

"Don't Stop the Party" 2013

This post is gonna be pic-heavy because that's how I roll.  And I will apologize about the crappiness of some of them, since 3/4 of the way thru dress rehearsal, my camera decided to lose focus, then crap out entirely. Now the lens won't even retract.  It never took really good action shots to begin with.

Friday night was Miss Angela's dance recital.  As usual she was awesome!  She's really improved as a dancer in the past 2 years or so.  And from some of the things she did in the dances (solo bits, duo bits with girls from level 4, being the only one from level 3 in the jazz line dance, etc) and stuff they do at the studio, I really think they are grooming her to move up to the upper level of the comp team!!


   I am filled with a feeling of relief and yet some sadness, since her last practice on Tuesday was the last one ever in that studio.  The owner, Terina, is leasing (buying?) a much larger place and it is going to be so much better than the tiny place they have now.  I can't wait til she starts summer classes so I can go check out the new digs!

The timing of the recital couldn't have been more perfect, since Miss Angela went to a friend's house last Thursday & got sunburnt on her back.  Went to the same friend's house Monday & burnt some more.  Then went to the beach Tuesday and got burnt on the front.  She had just started to peel Thursday & Friday And now her back is just gross. 

"Thunder" by Prince & the New Revolution
Not my idea of ballet music, but it worked!


Being goofy while walking thru the dance.
The studio is so small the teacher wanted to make sure their spacing was right.

 She went into her back walkover from this pose.


They did part of the dance with the younger girls
who danced to another Prince song. 

"Dance"






"Shake"
I cheated with these - the following are from their first comp.
The "Line" dances include all 4 levels of the comp team.
Plus, at the recital - they kept their hair in the bun and
it didn't work with either of the hiphop dances.





"You Make Me Feel" by Cobra Starship





She nailed her leg-hold turn, I was so thrilled!
It comes in a part of the song where there is a pause
and all the other girls are just posing. 

This is the one where she is the only level 3 girl. 








"Turning Tables" by Adele

 Sadly - this is the only clear shot I got,
since this is where the camera crapped out.
She did a tilt jump with another girl nicely, tho!

"Run The World" by Beyonce


 Must.Look.Fierce.



"Loud" by Big & Rich
No action pics of this one at all.  :(

I always forget to get pics of her at the auditorium with everyone and her flowers!!

from one of the teachers

Saturday morning

This is the second year that her dad drove in (from Nebraska!!) to see her dance.  At least I knew he was coming this time and got him a ticket so he didn't have to sit off by himself.  He came over for a couple hours Saturday to visit with her and bring some porcelain dolls that his mom left her in the will.
I have to confess I was excepting horribly creepy baby dolls with those creepy staring eyes, but they are more like Christmas tree angels.  Not too horrible.  But most of them will get a nice box and tissue paper to live in.
It was still pretty awkward since Angel doesn't know what to say to him. This is only the 2nd time she's seen him since she was 2!!  I did more talking with him than she did.

Later on we went out the NWS office in White Lake to visit Randy doing Field Day and also have some dinner with him.


I got a really tasty steak out of the deal and we got to watch a weather balloon launch, so it was fun.

Randy, Ted, & (I think) Kip.

On the way home, we picked up one of Miss Angela's friends to spend the night and here in a little while we are going to meet my sister & niece at a little water park near her house!  I am ready with the SPF 45 sunscreen!  I hope I don't blind people with my pasty white body!

Have a great Sunday!!


1 comment:

  1. "Random Ramblings" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-sunday-drive_30.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!