Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm so excited!

I'm excited for tomorrow!    My dear, wonderful hubby got me a 6 month membership to Anytime Fitness and it started today! 


I stopped in after work tonight and got my ID photo taken and a brief tour of the facility and set up an appointment with a fitness consultant for tomorrow!  I will get a consultation and a 30 minute workout and learn how to use the machines and such.

Weigh in tonight was not unexpectedly ugly.  Last weekend in Lima, we sat around a hotel for a day and a half and did nothing but stuff our faces with random junk and drink way more than I have in a long time.  I did go swim with the siblings for an hour Saturday night, since 9-10 pm was adult swim only...but we were allowed to have beer in the pool, as long as it was not a glass bottle!  Christmas Eve was more sitting around eating & drinking. 

And of course, yesterday - Christmas Day - we went to Frankenmuth for dinner (after donuts for breakfast since I forgot to buy real breakfast goodies).   Zehnders & the Bavarian Inn are both well known for their chicken dinner. And of course, it is fried.  I was never overly impressed with it anyway, so I was glad to see some other options on the very limited menu. So I got this chunked chicken thingy smothered in feta cheese and wrapped in phyllo dough and drizzled with some raspberry goo.  It was actually pretty tasty.  And of course there was mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, mashed squash, cranberry salsa, stuffing & chicken noodle soup.  And a dish of ice cream for dessert. 

So here's the scoop.  I will happily allow someone to come kick my ass if I get off the bandwagon again!  I can't count on my family to keep me on the straight & narrow, so I'll have to start posting here more to keep me accountable.

I took my measurements tonight.  No wonder my pants / skirts have felt snug!
Since July 25....
thigh  was  24.25  /  is  25  =  +.75 inch
arm  was  12.5  /  is  12  =  -.25 inch (WTF???  That's been 12.5 forever!)
bust  was  45.75  /  is  47  =  +1.25 inch
waist  was  41  /  is  42  =  +1 inch
hips  was  46.5  /  is  47  =  +.5 inch
weight  was  205.2  /  is  211.8  =  +6.6 lbs

Tonight's meeting was sort of fun!  There were only 2 of us with the leader, so she pulled up and chair and we just chatted for 1/2 hour.  About our holiday plans & strategies.  I'm so glad that all my gatherings & such are done for the year!  Now to get rid of the candy from the stockings and someone else really needs to eat that bowl of gingerbread M&Ms sitting on the counter.  I find myself (without thinking ) grabbing a few every time I walk by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!