Monday, January 12, 2015

Friend Makin' Monday - Looking forward to 2015

Happy Monday, yall!



Looking Forward to 2015

Here’s how it works: you copy the questions, answer them and post them to your own blog. Then you come back here, and in the comments, post the link to your blog post with your answers to this week’s questions. If you don’t have a blog of your own, just post your answers in the comments.

1. What are you most looking forward to this year?  Oddly, I can't think of anything that directly involves ME.  My daughter is a senior this year, so we have graduation & the requisite parties that go along with that. I will be a blubbering crybaby!!  She also is on the competition team at her dance studio and will be competing with her first solo this year.  She was just asked of join an All-Star dance team one of her teachers runs and will be starting that this week.

2. Do you have any vacations planned this year? What and where?  The last few years we've taken the week before the girl goes back to school and have explored Michigan.  Since she'll be going to the community college in the fall, I'm not sure yet what we'll do.

3. Do you have any plans with your job or career?  Not really.  My job is secure, but there's no room for advancement unless I get adopted by the family who owns it.  The oldest brother is the president & his 3 sisters are department heads.  And I have NO desire to get into dispatching trucks, which is the only place I could logically go.    

4. Are there any major purchases you plan to make this year?  Maybe.  We need a new furnace, one that isn't older than me.

5. Are there any festivals that you attend every year? Are there any festivals you plan to attend for the first time this year?  We go to the Michigan Renaissance Festival every year.

6. Are you going to attend any concerts or performances (musical, ballet, orchestra, etc) this year?  Other than the usual dance recital and competitions?  Not that I know of.

7. Do you keep a day planner? If you do, what kind of things do you put in it? I use the calendar on my phone to keep track of the multitude of dance classes Miss Angela has.  I can't wait til she can drive herself (sooooon!!!!)   I put doctor & dentist & vet appointments in there.  I also have one on the kitchen wall that has huge squares, so I keep track of basically the same things there, plus any events the hubby volunteers at, birthdays & school days off.  

8. Are you a reader? If so, do you have any reading goals for the year?  I love to read.  I never thought about setting goals.  I just read because I like it and whenever I get a chance. 

9. Is there a hobby that you’ve always wanted to do and plan to take up this year?  Not really.  I have a cross-stitch project that I'm working on.  It's Halloween-themed so hopefully I'll have it done before then!

10. Do you have any big anniversaries or birthdays or other notables coming up this year?  15 years at my work and 9 years being married!  The kid will be 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!