Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weigh in & update 5/27

Whew - this past week was a doooooozy!!  And actually, it really wasn't because of the holiday weekend.  It was the BBQ lunch at work on Thursday (which I did NOT track) and going out to dinner at another BBQ place Friday night (OMG chicken & waffles!!)  I can't remember the last time I used all of my weekly points AND all my APs, too!

But then.....the Plague happened.  Miss Angela had been sick last week and she graciously made it worse, then gave it to me.  I woke up Saturday morning with the tickly throat and it eventually morphed into stuffed sinuses, coughing, sneezing & such.  By Sunday I was losing my sense of taste and still don't have it back!  My chest & ribs hurt from coughing. 

On the plus side, it really cut down on my mindless grazing over the weekend.  I was really disappointed, since we had this most beautiful steak Monday that was easily 2 inches thick and I'm sure it was heavenly to eat, but WAHHH!  Couldn't taste it.  But I still did, and tracked it but I was sad the whole time. 

It's really weird that I can figure out what the food is supposed to be, but not the food itself.  Like I ate some sour cream & onion chips earlier - I could tell they were salty.  I had Honey Nut Cheerios this morning for breakfast, I could tell they were a little sweet. 
So basically that means I didn't get much activity in.  I did get the lawn mowed Saturday and half-heartedly worked in the flower bed off & on between rain sprinkles and motivation.
But I was feeling so lousy that many naps did happen. I managed to make it thru a half day of work Tuesday and didn't even go in today.

The half that's done looks pretty nice. And there's buds on my roses!!! And a whole lot of helicopters off the maple trees.

Did I mention?  I was down 1.4 lbs at weigh in tonight.  I made myself go to the meeting, even tho I look like death warmed over and have a lovely singing voice.  And the sickness beat out Mother Nature with her cramps & bloating!  I was feeling the scale could go either way.  I wonder how much I would have lost if it weren't for the TOM?  Who knows, I'll take this. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a really rough week. But, at least the weigh in went well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!