Saturday, October 10, 2015

Halloween setup has begun!

Cheers!
A caffeinated libation!!  
Ugh, I'm trying to inject some caffeine into my system, I don't drink coffee often.  Started to get a sore throat and felt achy Wednesday and only stayed at work for like 2 hours Friday before coming home and sleeping most of the day.  I still feel crappy (stuffy, coughing, sneezing, etc) & headachy, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm used to drinking a LOT of water per day and since I didn't yesterday......I'm feeling that now.  I'll be back at the water when I finish this.  

So yes, Halloween setup has begun.  I got the cemetery fence, headstones and Mosh Pit of blowmolds put out the first day (Tuesday after Angel's birthday!) and didn't do much else until a couple days later when I took the coffin & skeletons out. 

~one of these is not like the others~
I've already started moving things around (expect for the blowmolds - they're good).  I never expected these words to cross my lips, but I may have commented I thought I had too many skeletons! And I don't even have the little ones or animals out yet. But I've figured out a way to make them work.  And I'm still tweaking the lights.  That's my bane every year. 
{before}
But first......lemme take a selfie!
There's very little H'ween in the house so far, due to it being a disaster and I get overwhelmed when I look at it.  The combination of too small a house & too much stuff is gonna be the death of me.  On the plus side, we have a new furnace so we don't have to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning this year! 

Little nugget Daisy is settling in just fine. Tomorrow we'll have had her a month and I can tell already she's grown considerably.  She looks less kitten and more gangly pre-teen.  She is definitely my cat - she loves to be on my lap and follows me around a lot.  She's Chester's shadow, too.  Maddie still isn't thrilled with her, but he's been really good with her. 
 She even followed me into the bathroom and made herself comfy.  
Awkward! 
I am such a basic white girl!  I'm all about the fall themed foods right now.  
We met the rest of the family for dinner last weekend and I got the Bewitched Bread Bowl......
OMG. Heaven.   The savory pumpkin / bacon (in every bite!!) was offset by just a hint of sweetness from the roasted apples.  It was SO GOOOOOOODDDD!
 We've demolished the Oreos.
 I just picked up the Peeps & M&Ms last night but they'll have to wait until I get a sense of taste back. 














But anyway....it's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend and I'd love to get some more stuff done outside and even throw the windows open and get busy inside, but for now I'm going to take some more DayQuil and possibly take a wee little nap.
Being sick sucks.

#TFTLS

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I need the mug like NOW. Also how fun! I love Halloween but no one comes by our house since we live at the end of a dead end. :( Also did you enjoy the pumpkin spice oreos? I was tempted but put them back out of fear!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!