Friday, March 24, 2017

Happy Friday 3/24/17

What's up, Wednesday?
I'm linking up with everyone over at The Flynnigans for the latest installment of  what made me happy this week.
(Guess I should have read the host pages before putting mine up - doh de doh de doh!
I edited this like 5 times because I'm a dork!)

I missed out on last week's post because a co-worker had 3 days off and when she's gone, I do her work (and very little of my own in the process).  Let's just say I now completely understand why she drinks!   I was exhausted when I got home Friday night and just wanted to lay on the bed & hear nothing louder than a cat's purr.

1.  3 Generation Girls Night Out (see previous post)

2.  Seeing the expressions on people's faces when they see us carting around a skeleton in holiday themed clothing.....
This is Chuck.  He does a lot of stuff with us!
Here he is in Tractor Supply.

3.  Sitting in the barn at my sister's house and listening to the horses eat breakfast, 
with 2 cats demanding attention.

4.  Exploring antique stores.

5.  Warmer days.

6.  An adorable tiny squirrel that I see under my bird feeder (the little booger moves to fast for me to get a pic) It looks like a tiny squirrel but runs like a chipmunk.  So stinkin' cute!

7.  RuPaul's Drag Race season 9 beginning tonight!

8.  Getting my butt back in the gym after a couple crazy weeks.

9.  Seeing those little FitBit explosions when you go over goal for the day.

10.  Lastly - my health.  

I added the last in because we got some not-happy news last weekend.  One of the moms from the studio passed away at 44 years old.  She'd been diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago - I can't remember if it was uterine or ovarian but we all wore teal butterflies in her honor at one of the first competitions of that season and last year's recital theme was Dancers against Cancer.  I saw Renee maybe 3 months ago and while she was still driving, she needed a walker and had teared up when she told us about the latest in her long line of health issues.  

My thoughts & prayers go out to her husband & kids (Ashley is only 13 or so and the son is younger) and all the rest of her family. 


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

11 comments:

  1. Fitbit explosions! Yaaassssssss!

    I love the idea of a what made me happy blog post. Well done. I must be hanging out with the wrong people, I've never seen one of these before. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These posts are actually tough to write sometimes! You really have to think about it!

      Delete
  2. Awww, that's so sorry about the dance mom :( i'm so sorry to hear that... cancer is really the worst, and it's awful how many amazing lives it has taken <3

    I love the St. Pat's skeleton in your cart--gave me a good chuckle :) Also LOVE antiquing (may do some this weekend) and getting the 10K steps on Fitbit. Thanks for linking up with us; so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love these linkups!
      It's so sad, she was such a sweet lady.
      Chuck is quite the character. We took him to see my brother in Ohio at Halloween 2 years ago and then again at Christmas last year and a waitress at a restaurant remembered us because we had him with us!

      Delete
  3. I like your list! Simple things. It is best to get your pleasure in life from simple things.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Some of the best things don't require effort or money!

      Delete
  4. EFF Cancer!

    we had a great warm day yesterday....but the day before that was -12C because canada. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??
      You're getting the same weird weather as us - I have 2 border crossings into Canada within a 45 minute drive from home (Windsor & Sarnia).

      Delete
  5. Love Chuck! Sorry to hear about the dance mom. So young! Like antiques too! Such great history. I took a quick peak at your bio and weight pictures and can tell you that I have some similar ones! I am on a journey down from 238 (my highest ever) and have hit 200. I've been on Weight Watchers and was successful but you know how that goes. This time I am following Hungry Girl and am having the easiest (if not most rapid) success. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Congrats! I get the Hungry Girl emails but all her recipes seem to have 200 ingredients and that's what turns me off them.

      Delete
  6. Hey Lisa,
    So sorry that I'm just NOW getting around to stopping in to see your happy list. :) I hope your week has been going well.

    That skeleton totally made me crack up. I love your sense of humor already. lol!

    I'm loving the warmer days too! Congrats on getting back to the gym. It can be hard getting back to the grind but the body doesn't forget. The body is a pretty incredible thing.

    My thoughts are with you. That's so sad and so young to pass away.... Goodness. Rest in peace.

    Cheers to a great remainder of the week, Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!