Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Transforming Tuesday x2

Woohoo - a 2 week checkin!  
So a co-worker brought in this ginormous zucchini into work.  It's easily bigger than my forearm!  I snagged it and made some mini-loaves of zucchini bread.  I got 10 mini-loaves out of that damn thing, so Mom got 2 and each of my sisters got 2.  I polished one off & the last 3 went in the freezer. 
Mmm. 
So this was in the stupid paper that gets tossed in my driveway each week.  Usually it goes straight into the recycle bin, but this headline caught my attention.  I didn't read the article, tho.  Personally, I go for what fits.  My mom is one of these people - she went & had a bra fitting and actually argued with the girls at the shop because what they measured isn't "the size she has always worn".  No matter that the correct size fit better!  I really don't think that there's any way you would be able to shop in multiple stores and always buy the same size.  Nothing is made the same!  And don't get me started on "lady tees".  WTF is up with those???  XL should fit ME, not my 110 lb daughter!

Moving on.  Weekend before last was my nephew's bridal shower (that sounds weird, but he was there with his lovely bride to be)  My sister Laurie & I have had these "special" outfits for months, waiting for this day!  We actually thought to wear them to the wedding itself, but it's pointless when the bridal party will be busy with photos & such.  We got to the hall first and went running across the parking lot, waving our arms when sister Linda (mom of the groom) pulled in.  She was dying laughing when she got out & commented that she didn't realize it was such a dressy occasion!
This mumu entertains me so much!  It's a lovely polyester bedspread and/or curtain material & one size fits all up to size 46!  Someone actually bought this in a store!!  I personally paid $4 for it at the Salvation Army, but that's besides the point. 
The neckline was a bit tight for both of us, but we had plenty of room elsewhere!
I made a recipe from Iowa Girl Eats.  If you need quick & easy gluten- or lactose-free recipes - this is where to go!  Anyhooo.  This is a sweet apple chicken sausage with apples, pasta & spinach.  I had a lot of hope for this, but I wasn't a huge fan of the apple chicken sausage.  Interesting, anyway.  And it made shit-tons of food!  Randy & I both decided that it would only be a once in a great while thing. 

It just occurred to me that I'm basically posting 2 different views of my activity & not the scale results.  I'll have to figure out something different for next week.   That's OK this week, since I must be PMSing, since I got on the scale altho I hadn't planned to and seeing a (non-unexpected) 1.2lb gain almost made me cry in the meeting room.  I know exactly what the problem is. Linda sent home a huge ass freakin' bag of M&Ms after the bridal shower and those are my Kryptonite!  I ate so many of those damn things that I've broken out like a teenager.  And apparently 40+ year old acne doesn't like to go away.  
 I totally got gypped on activity last Sunday, because I went kayaking for the first time and got one hell of a workout!  My arms & shoulders are still sore!  But my fitbit had been in a waterproof case & tossed into the nose of my kayak, so my steps to and from the car across a park and my swimming & such aren't shown here.  
Anyhoo, I'm going to cut this off now so I can hit the sack.  I'm beat!  The only other person in my department at work is on vacation, so I'm pulling in an extra hour & a half a day to cover for her.  So instead of leaving at 3:30 and missing most of the crappy traffic, I'm leaving at 5 - right smack in the middle of rush hour.  Ugh.  On the plus side, I've hit my 7000 steps before 4pm for the last 2 days!

Until later....
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

1 comment:

  1. Wow that zucchini! Love the colors of your outfits. Looks like sherbert :) Comfort over size every time, although it saddens me to have to go up. Fortunately I'm on the way down now :) Good luck this week to you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!