Wednesday, August 12, 2009

8/12/09 The Bitch Session

This is just going to be a rant of everything that bothering me at this moment. Maybe once I get it off my chest, I'll be HAPPY ! ! ! ! These, of course, are in no particular order.

1. I really wish someone would voluntarily help me out around the house. I know it doesn't help that there just isn't any place for all the STUFF we have. It's a big clutter issue. But no one helps take out the trash. No one helps with dinner. No one helps with loading/unloading the dishwasher. No one else cleans up the bathrooms. No one helps with laundry. No one takes the returnable cans out to the garage, even when they're falling all over the floor. You get the point. The girl will half-assed do what I ask her, but she won't do it on her own. A lot of people fantasize about sex - I dream about a house (gasp!) with closets and a laundry room!

2. Let's see. I don't know what my beef is with this one. A girl I graduated with is on FB announcing that she's pregnant with #3. I'm just jealous, maybe? Everyone I know has herds of kids. Even when I was a scout leader, Angel was the only "only" in the troop of like 12 kids. I've been off the pill (except for the couple months after my D&C) for 2 years now. Not a sign. Kind of makes me wonder which of us has the problem. Most likely me Feeling Blue . I'm jealous, but I also have mixed feelings. Confoosed, I suppose. Right now, it's so easy to throw some clothes in a bag and ship the girl off to Laurie's or Linda's for the weekend. I can send her off to her room to entertain herself and even leave her at home while I run to the store. She can fix her own snacks. I only have to worry about after school activities for one. On the other hand, a little one is much higher maintenance. They expect to be entertained, they need to be watched, can't shower themselves, have to be dragged along on errands, have to be a logistics pro if we want to go on vacation. The plus side ~ little baby feet, sweet little hugs, the innocence. The down side - middle of the night screaming fits, diapers, car seats. And if I have another one now - Angel's almost a teenager. Talk about a HUGE awkward gap in ages. I just don't know what I want. Guess if we're not able to have any kids, I can pay another visit to the Humane Society!

3. I hate the living room set. The sofa sleeper and loveseat are GINORMOUS and the living room itself is not. The living room is totally stuft and there's no way to move anything around or even open the front door! I'd love a new (smaller) set. But Randy gets weird sentimental attachments to inanimate objects, so we'll never get rid of those damn things - just like those obsolete college textbooks that he has out in the garage that haven't been touched since he finished school over 15 years ago.

4. It's depressing that I see people from high school on FB that are still friends and still hang out. OK, I have a couple old friends, but none of them live near me! Ann is in Kentucky, Tami is in Massachusetts, Laura's in DC, Renee's in Arizona. I guess a few quality friends are better than quantity. But it would be nice to go hang out once in a while.

5. I feel like a cow. I don't know what the deal is, but I'm bloating and I'm sick of this damn plateau I'm stuck on. I was the same weight on May 14 as I am now, within the same 4 pounds! I truly dread going to weigh in tomorrow. I may cry if I go back up. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to lose another 50 pounds!

6. When I was at my annual torture appointment last month, she decided to put me on prenatal vitamins, just in case. Those damn things have made my face into an oil slick. It's a good thing I don't put a lot of effort into my makeup, because it was washed off at 10 am this morning. About every 2 hours, I had to go wet a paper towel and wipe the grease off. It feels nasty, too.

7. I really wish to hell Randy would make an effort to lose some of his belly. I was hoping when he saw me losing, he'd get inspired. Guess not. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, but I worry about his health. He sits there at a desk all day and stares at a computer monitor all day. He used to get out and walk a couple times a day and played golf once a week. Not anymore. I did manage to drag him out for a walk around the park last weekend. But there's no way he could have kept up if I was walking like I do when it's just me. I don't race-walk either. It's just fast enough to get my heart rate up and keep it there. It's cliche, but even after only losing 10% (26 pounds for me), I felt a million times better. I bet it would really help with his acid reflux. He just found out yesterday that his blood pressure was high, and I sent him 3 emails and a text today (which I've gotten no answer to any of them) about making a doctor's appointment. I think he's avoiding me - LOL! But that's OK. I know where he sleeps!


That's all I can think of right now. I may be back to edit this post if something else irks me. I have to go make dinner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!