Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2/10

Depressed.  I just need to bitch & moan some then I'll be fine. 

This morning around 1:30 am, one of the teams at my work was in an accident.  It's just horrible, since I knew both drivers! 

http://www.ksat.com/news/23766817/detail.html#story

I just watched the clip for the first time - there's nothing left of that truck, except the chassis & some wire.  I've been doing some pretty serious praying since I heard.  I didn't know Hardacre very well, even tho he'd worked there for 5 or 6 years.  But I knew Gallagher well.  He had a herd of kids, the last I think can only be 4 or 5 years old.  When things were better at work, he was always telling us about the jewelry he bought for his wife.  He was the Hare Freight Union Steward until it was absorbed into Point.  Then he opted to go over the road.   I just pray, for their sakes, that it was over fast. 

It just seems lately that I've really been conscious of my own mortality.  I don't know why.  I am thankful for how blessed I am.  Family, health, life, etc.  All are good!   Just recently, Randy went to help Fred clear out a storage unit for the widow of a ham who passed away last Decemeber.  She had no idea what to do with all that equipment.  I'm afraid I'd be the same way if anything ever happened to Randy.  Sure, I'm licensed & I have my own mobile and portable units (and can use them) and I would probably keep using them until he says I need an upgrade!  But I don't know what kind of rig a person is using just by the antenna on their car, as they drive past at 80 mph!  So yeah, I'd have to call in more dedicated reinforcements.  But why should I even worry about that???

Sigh.  I don't know.  Guess I'll go round up the dog & give him a bath because he stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!