Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FaceBook Rant

OK, I have one issue with Facebook.  Friends.  Friend requests in particular.

Don't get me wrong - I love having the opportunity to find old school & Navy friends that I had lost touch with. And I go on there almost every day.   However - then comes the random "I-Just-Like-To-Collect-Friends" Request.  For example, I just got a request yesterday from Dan X. (named changed to protect the idiotic).  I vaguely recognized the name & saw that he has 18 friends in common with me.  Everyone was from CHS, so I looked in my yearbook.

This guy graduated 2 years after me.  And was a jock.  First of all, up thru my junior year I was pretty shy, I had very few friends.  Secondly, that also meant that I did NOT associate with the jocks.  I was quite literally - a nobody.  Didn't belong to any "cliques".   Oh yeah - and I've been out of school for 20 years!!

So that brings me back to my rant.  Why the hell would this guy send me a friend request?  I know damn well I never said Boo to him.  And I sure have nothing to say to him now!!!  Maybe I'm just weird that I actually communicate with the people I am friends with on FB?  That I prefer quality over quantity?   GRRR.

Request Denied.  Goodbye.




1 comment:

  1. LOL I totally get what you're saying. I've come across that a few times - and what surprises me even more is when you ignore the friend request for a few weeks ... and then they send another request! Sheesh - do they not get the point?
    At least there's a filtering process and they don't get to jump on your page automatically. Wouldn't that be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!