Monday, December 26, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday - how we celebrate Christmas...

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Do you celebrate Christmas and/or Hanukkah? If so, tell us about your Holidays 2011 experience…Did you enjoy it?  Do you wish it had been different? 

I really enjoyed Christmas this year, even if I had a hard time getting into the Spirit. 

This was a stay-home year for us.  Since my family is here in Michigan and Randy's is in Arkansas, we have been alternating years between here & there.  We spent Christmas eve at my sister Laurie's house.  We just had snacky stuff like white chicken chili & shrimp cocktail & veggie pizza for dinner.  Plus desserts.  And wine.  I only had one glass this time - mainly because Laurie was emptying out her cabinets & her selection of wine consists of whatever they let her bring home after working an event at a country club.  Meh.  

Christmas Day.  I woke up, took the dog out & started the coffee while Angel & Randy were both still sleeping.  Angel wanted to wake up on her own, so I settled in on the couch with my book until she got up - before 9 which is really early for her!  Then I sent her in with a cup of coffee to get Randy. 

 We got snow on Christmas Eve morning!
But then it melted.

 My Nativity Scene
(OK, maybe not the hockey moose)

 Detroit Red Wings ornament tree.

 The Kitty Nativity.

 Jack patiently waiting to open presents.
He is so funny on Christmas morning! 
He kept looking back & forth between me & the tree!

 Maggie looking slightly stoned with her catnip toy.

 This is what a half-pound Reese's Cup looks like.

 My sister Linda gave me the Ken ornament, so he's hanging out with the girls on the tree.

 Chester getting happy with his catnip toy.

I really enjoyed this Christmas, since in the past we'd always have to rush over to Mom & Dad's to spend the day over there. This time we got to relax & play with our new stuff. Randy got me a laptop like I asked for - SQUEEEEE!! And we got handheld Garmins to go geocaching with. Angel got her sparkly black boots, 2 full sets of books, a huge pair of granny panties (LOL!) and all sorts of stuff to make her happy. Randy got his scanner antenna and anemometer for his weather station. Plus the requisite clothes, socks & underwear. As a family gift, we got Wii Pictionary & the drawing board.

Last evening we went to Zehnder's in Frankenmuth for dinner.  This restaurant is well-known around here for their amazing chicken dinners.  Frankenmuth is a quaint little German town with the World's Largest Christmas Store, Bronner's.
Angel's getting too tall!

Bronner's was closed, but their parking lot is always decorated a tons of Christmas stuff & nativities all year round.  So Angel & I had to get out to play.

















Overall, it was a nice day, but on the same token....I'm glad its over.  My house has been insanely cluttered because I have no place to put anything.  And I was also a dork and didn't take any time off work, so as soon as I get home tonight I plan to start taking stuff down.  The tree can stay up thru New Year's but everything else is slowly going back into the garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!