Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bonus post - checking in!

Just tossing this in here between A-Z Challenge posts!

This is my first progress report with the Activelink thingy I got from WW.  I love that it says I earned 20 activity points last week, but this also is after wearing it all day doing regular stuff.  I was highly ticked to see that my weight had stayed the same.  I'm hoping it is because I've been doing a lot of walking this week. 


So I need to poke around the Activelink website, and see what else I can do with it.  

In a nutshell - the ActiveLink thingy measures how much you move over the course of the day.  It sets a baseline based on my age / height / weight / gender and I earn Activity Points for any movement beyond that baseline. 


This is where I wear it.  I don't even know it's there.
Set-up gives you the option of wearing it tight to your chest (see above), loose on your chest (on a necklace inside your shirt), on your belt or in your pants pocket. 
It's waterproof, so you can wear it swimming or even showering (why???)

OMG, I totally just posted a boob shot. And didn't even get my tattoo in it!  :(

 Once I plug the monitor into the USB port, I see this.  
I'm actually quite surprised with the 2 APs for today.  I thought I did as little as possible. 

 This is the breakdown per hour for yesterday.  
I was able to add the little walking guy under the time frame when I took Jack for a walk.  

 And here is for the past week.  It wants me to earn at least 3 APs daily. 

Anyhoo, I think it's worth the additional $5 a month on top of the WW monthly pass.  I need the visual accountability, since it can't lie to me.  ;)  And it's kind of neat to see what I do and also random spikes during the day. 

This is so weird - does this happen to anyone else?  It's been nice out all week (until last night, but that's a different story) - upper 40s / mid 50s.  Enough to wear only a hoodie while out walking.  I have only been walking 1.5-2 miles a day and they're not terribly brisk, since my walking buddy, Jack is slowing down in his old age.  But when I get home and actually stop moving for a while, I'll get so cold!  I mean where I need a sweatshirt & slippers and still have icy fingers.   What is up with that??

And then yesterday, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about walking, but I went anyway.  I noticed muscles in my upper thighs beginning to hurt a bit, and by the time I got home (a total of 1.5 miles) my lower back was killing me! Even now I'm still feeling it.  I took some leftover-from-the-dentist 800mgs ibuprofen this morning & afternoon but all that did was dull the pain.  Then I found this gel stuff in the first aid kit at work and it helped a lot!  I grabbed a couple packs to bring home with me, but I haven't needed them yet.   

But I'm ready to hit the hay - have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!