Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Weigh-in & Update

Well, tracking (or lack thereof) this past week sucked very much bad.  But I sure can't complain about the 2.2 lb loss!   But I'm back on track again today, even tho I went WAY over my daily Points allowance.  The ginormous slice of banana bread I took for lunch today along with the 6 PP bag of chips did not help me in the slightest.  But they were duly noted and cringed at.

I'm pretty proud of myself that I was waiting for Randy to get home yesterday and decided to take the dog for a walk.  I only intended to take a short walk, but I think both Jack and I were on auto-pilot and we went all the way around the park - a full 2 miles.

Tonight at the meeting (I actually stayed for it!!!), my old leader, Carol was subbing for Rosa.  And since she has been there for much of my journey, she asked me, if I didn't mind telling, exactly how much I've lost.  My total is 54.8 lbs.  But I also told them that I wished it had been in a shorter time frame.  One lady asked, if I didn't mind telling, just how long has it taken.  I was not proud to say that I've been more or less continually on WW since August 2008.  I have to say that I know I'll be able to maintain easily!  

I've really been thinking lately.  I read on someone's blog - I tried to find their post to link to, but couldn't find it - that it really helps to have a specific goal in mind for weight loss, other than "to lose weight".  I think that may be my problem.  I'm not a runner, so I don't have the desire to run a 5K or 10K or marathon, etc. In fact, something really scary better be chasing me with a chainsaw to get my ass to run!  I'm not a lifter, so I don't have the desire to lift another 5 pounds or do another 10 reps.  I don't go to the gym.  I don't have ready access to a pool, although I do love swimming.  I don't know what I want to do to push myself!  I find myself putting life & domestic bliss (cooking, cleaning, taxi driver, etc) ahead of anything I need to do for me.  And even then, I find myself falling short of keeping the house clean & laundry caught up & yard de-jungled.  I don't know what I can do to get motivated to reach my goal weight.   

There is just over 11 weeks to my birthday.  As much as I don't like to admit to myself, I will be 40.  I'm really having issues with the thought of reaching this milestone.  I don't feel as though I've accomplished much with my life.  Granted I am happily married & have successfully raised a 15 year old daughter to not be a self-centered brat, but what more is there?  I've been at the same job for 13 years, but it's just a paycheck, not a rewarding career.  There is no place for advancement, unless I want to be a dispatcher or be adopted by the family who owns the company - Hell To The ....

So what to do, what to do?  After getting off the Pity Party Bus, that is.....



OK, 11 weeks.  I am at 214.8 lbs.  Realistically I should be able to be in Onederland by my birthday.  

Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!