Friday, January 23, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday - Getting to know you (OK, I'm late!)

I'm a wee bit late of this linkup.  It was late when I saw it so I marked it to do first thing today. 

This is a new linkup by the lovely Miss Kenlie over at All The Weigh.  I've followed her blog for years and she is truly an inspiration and an overall beautiful, real person.

Let’s spend a few minutes getting to know each other!



Please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your Thoughtful Thursdays questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own Thoughtful Thursdays post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Getting To Know You

1. List three things that you don’t need, but that you wouldn't want to live without.  My phone, Facebook, my Kindle

2. What is your favorite/least favorite household chore?  I enjoy gardening / mowing the lawn / etc.  I completely despise laundry.  The folding & putting away part especially.  My house is really small and there's no place to fold, other than my bed or the kitchen table.  And I have to move a bunch of stuff out of the way to get into the closet to hang things up.  It's a huge pain in the butt.

3. Tell us about your hobbies (things that you do to relax, to have fun, etc.)   I love to read, play hidden object games on the computer and do cross-stitch.

4. What’s your favorite holiday, and why?    I love Halloween!  It's just FUN.  Mine is the only house on the street to really decorate outside.  I have a full cemetery & a family of skeletons that I do different things with each year.  I don't like yuck & gore so it's a bit on the funny / cute side.

5. It’s Wednesday night. What will you do to enjoy yourself?   My usual Wednesday thing is to take Miss Angela to dance (she dances 5 nights a week!!) and I'll hang out and visit with other moms at the studio for a half hour or so, then I go to my Weight Watcher meeting.  I started going to this meeting location a couple months ago & I really like the leader - so I really enjoy going there.  Then, depending on classes for the night, I'll either go back to the studio and wait for the kid, or I'll go home for a while.  I actually enjoy watching her dance classes.  I have watched most of these girls grow up and it's neat to watch them learn.  My life pretty much revolves around the kid & her dance.

6. Share at least three things that you like about yourself.   My creativity, my sense of humor and ...



7. What are you looking forward to doing most over the coming weekend?  Finally getting my nutcracker collection put away (I have over 100 so it's not a quick project).  Getting my house back in non-holiday mode.

8. Did you make any goals for January? If so, how are they coming along?   I didn't make my goals for the month or resolutions.  We joked around on New Years about "committing no arson", "quitting heroin" and "no homicide".  So I guess in that case, I'm doing great!

9. Are you in a relationship? A romantic one?  Yes,  Happily married since 2006 and we've been together since 2002.

10. What is your favorite TV channel?  This is a tough one since I don't watch much TV.  I guess I could make a stretch and say whatever channel Saturday Night Live is on and also LogoTV, home of RuPaul's Drag Race.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. In New Orleans there are many neighborhoods that decorate for Halloween as much as they do for Christmas. This was the first year that I really noticed it, and I was surprised. Ha

    Thank you for the kind words too...:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!