Friday, May 22, 2015

Yay!

So I finally figured out the damn share buttons at the bottom of my posts.  I had to contact tech support at AddThis several times and they finally figured out something that would work.  And once they found the right code - BAM done.   Only 3 weeks after the A-Z Challenge wrapped up!

I lost my custom signature at the bottom of the posts, but I'm really not sure if I even want that back.  

So what do you think of the new look?  I like it.  Pfft, of course I do!  I wouldn't make my blog ugly to my eyes!

Yada, yada, yada, I've been doing pretty lousy with the losing the 12 pounds before Miss Angela's graduation.  That ain't happening.  I can shoot for her party in August, tho.


We don't have any big, exciting plans for Memorial Day.  I'm sure we'll meet the family at the cemetery to visit Dad and probably have some lunch.  I'd like to go visit my sister's house since her fur-family has increased significantly.  Last weekend she adopted a dog from an adoption event at the Detroit Zoo and Wednesday one of her barn cats produced 4 kittens.  The mom cat is pretty shy so seeing the kittens might be out, but I definitely want to meet Barney! 

Grilling will happen.  Randy & I stopped at the local grocery store that has a great meat counter and got a beautiful steak, some sirloin burgers and boneless pork ribs.  mmmmm Meat.  Got some squash and corn on the cob to put on the grill, too.  And I want to try grilling peaches - Randy thinks I'm nuts but I've seen lots of recipes for them. 

Yard work is a total gimme for this long weekend.  It's gonna happen. The lawn needs to be mowed again and the flower beds need some serious attention.  The lawn is taking over the one on the south side of the house.  On the plus side, I put grass seed down in part of the back yard to fill in some bare spots, and it's just starting to sprout, so I won't be mowing in that area for another couple weeks - yay!  We have a BIG yard and it's an effort to mow it. Like 2 1/2 hours of effort and that's without even using the bag to catch the clippings. 

I bought a bunch of bricks around today so I got some lifting in.  Right now we have rotted landscape timbers around the big maples out front, I want to make those nice stone rings around them before said grad party in August.  I have no idea who many we'll need so I started with 20.  I'll get another 20 next week and so on.  I figure that was enough to pile in the back of my car!  


Anyhoo, so I'm back!  I've updated my "In Progress" page with my weigh ins and earned APs.  OH!  I went in this week for my yearly physical.  Everything is fine. I still have borderline high cholesterol, which I've had since my Navy days, but the doc didn't seem concerned about it, so I guess I shouldn't worry, either.  Apparently there's a thing now that if you have a clear pap smear, you don't have to have another for 3 years!  So I got to skip that bit o fun.  But I don't get out of a mammogram!  Yay me.

Another thing - I took the dog for a walk today and went to enter my mileage in the website I was using to "walk across the USA" and found out the website has been retired as of May 6!  WTF!  It would have been nice to get an email about that!  I would have been really pissed if I was mostly across the US, but I wasn't even out of Virginia yet, somewhere like 450 miles.  Guess I'll have to find a new site.

It's getting late, so later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!