Saturday, April 2, 2016

#AtoZChallenge - Blowmolds

It took me until 2014 to confine all of the blowmolds into "The Mosh Pit" on the far side of the driveway so their light doesn't affect the cemetery lights as much.  
These things are so cheesy, but I love them and have them for Christmas & Easter also. 

These little ghosts were a gift.

I've acquired these from a combination of store-finds and ebay. 

Here they are getting ready to go back into storage, November 2015.

I found the newest JOL at the local antique mall.  I couldn't pass him up!  He's a lot bigger than the others and somewhat faded, but that's OK.  Look for him in 2016!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's cheesy. I think it's fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider them to be for the littler kids, but I really don't think they even notice them over there!

      Delete
  2. I was going to say that cheesy is good sometimes! :D We have (or I should say, had) a few sets of pumpkin lights that we picked up a few years ago, similar to your ghost lights, I think. They plugged in together, to create a long string of glowing pumpkins. I pulled them out last year to put them up and two of the three sets just would not light up. No matter what I tried, I just could not get them to work. At first I was sad. Then I realized this just opens up new opportunities for decorations! Sadly, I didn't get a chance to replace them last year, but will be sure to check out my options this year.

    I really love your ghosts with pumpkins :)

    Tracy (Black Boots, Long Legs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I bet the row of pumpkins would be pretty fun. I wonder where the ghosts came from - that would neat to have a couple strings of them, too.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have so much fun - that's what holidays are all about. :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy myself a lot! And I can tell which neighbors like it, since they'll make a point of coming by.

      Delete
  4. I have seen these but did not know they were called blowmolds. I love learning new things every day. Thanks for that!

    Mary
    Twitter: @KnottyMarie
    Literary Gold
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're called several different names. I've seen them listed on websites as something like "molded plastic figures". I usually refer to them here as just "molds".

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!