Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Weigh in 022817 - Woohoo!


Down 1.2 lbs!!  After that 100+ point day last week, I'm pretty happy with that!

I only made it to the gym once last week - yesterday.  And I took it kind of easy. It's hard to explain, but I had basically a toilet incident Sunday!  Randy & I went out the breakfast like we usually do and the server was on the ball keeping my iced tea glass filled, so I probably had 3 tall glasses, plus a glass of water.  Then we went grocery shopping and of course I had to make an immediate bee-line for the bathroom.  As I stood up....I managed to twist my knee just enough to cause excruciating pain where I couldn't put any weight on it!  I had to lean on the cart in order to move. That was the worse shopping trip I've ever endured!  I went and sat by the door while Randy checked out and that gave it time to stiffen up even more.  I thought I was going to cry!  But by the time we got home, I got out of the car and was barely limping and then shortly after, I was 95% fine.  How weird is that???  

Anyhoo.  I made the mistake of wearing heels to work Monday and felt a few twinges that made me more cautious and was especially careful on the stairs.  At the gym, I kept the treadmill at 3.0 and only did 1.5 miles. 

I've had the stuff for this little project for a while - it's basically a recipe file.
This thingy holds 100 note cards and has 5 tabs with labels.  So I divided them into beef, chicken, pork, fish & pasta.  I'll only put family-approved recipes in there, so when it's time to figure out a grocery list, I can pull as many cards as I need and there's all the ingredients right there.  Anything to make menu planning easier is a plus in my book!

I also got this cookbook from my meeting tonight - I flipped thru it and saw some good options, so I should have some new things to try.
Speaking of trying new foods....I can't believe I didn't take a picture to tonight's dinner!  It's called Chicken Lombardy and someone posted the link (here) on Facebook, and I gave it a try.  
chicken-lombardy
(photo from the website)
I left the green onions out, but followed the rest of the recipe as directed.  OMG. It was so good!  I didn't run it thru the recipe builder yet, but I can't imagine it's too high in points.  There's really only butter & cheese that are the "bad" stuff in it.  I used baby bella mushrooms, which are da bomb anyway, and there was just enough sauce to keep the chicken moist as it baked.  Yummmm.   This recipe will be making another appearance.

Later, ya'll!
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!